Aggarwal, P.K., Kalra, N., Chander, S., Pathak, H., Naresh Kumar, S., Aggarwal, P.K., Kalra, N., Chander, S., Pathak, H and Shweta Panjwani (Indian Agricultural Research Institute)
|Scale||Organs, Whole_plant, Field|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux|
|Programming language||Fortran, net, VB|
|Format of model inputs and outputs||Text files|
|Species studied||Rice, Wheat, Maize, Sorghum, Millet, Mustard, Soybean, Chickpea, Pigeon-pea, Potato, Cotton|
|Execution environment||Stand-alone application|
InfoCrop: A dynamic simulation model for the assessment of crop yields, losses due to pests, and environmental impact of agro-ecosystems in tropical environments. I. Model descriptionAggarwal,P.K. Kalra,N. Chander,S. Pathak,H.Agricultural Systems, 2006 View paper
InfoCrop is a process based dynamic simulation model for simulating growth, development and yield of rice, wheat, maize, sorghum, pearl millet, mustard, soybean, chick pea, pigeon pea, potato and cotton. It simulates the effects of weather, soil and crop management (sowing, seed rate, organic matter nitrogen and irrigation) and pests. It provides daily and summary outputs on various growth and yield parameters, nitrogen uptake, green house gas emissions, soil water and nitrogen balance. It is used for several applications including yield forecast and climate change studies. It is known to perform better for tropical regions.
Some case studies
Some studies using InfoCrop:
- Asseng, S., F. ..P. K. Aggarwa, C..S. Naresh Kumar, ..et al. (2013). Uncertainty in simulating wheat yields under climate change. Nature Climate Change doi:10.1038/nclimate1916; Nature Climate Change 3: 827-832.
- Naresh Kumar, S., Aggarwal, P.K., Saxena, Rani, Swaroopa Rani, D.N., Jain, Surabhi, Chauhan, Nitin, 2013. An assessment of regional vulnerability of rice to climate change in India. Clim. Change. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10584-013- 0698-3.
- Naresh Kumar S, P. K. Aggarwal, D. N. Swarooparani, Rani Saxena, Nitin Chauhan, Surabhi Jain (2014). Vulnerability of wheat production to climate change in India. Climate Research. doi: 10.3354/cr01212
- Singh, J. P., Govindakrishnan, P. M., Lal, S. S., Aggarwal, P. K., 2005. Increasing the efficiency of agronomy experiments in potato using InfoCrop-POTATO model. Potato Res., 48, 131–152.
- Sujithra, M., Chander, S., 2013. Simulation of rice brown plant hopper, Nilaparvata lugens (Stal.) population and crop-pest interactions to assess climate change impact. Clim. Chang. DOI 10.1007/s10584-013-0878-1.
- Naresh Kumar, S., Aggarwal, P.K., Swaroopa Rani, D.N., Surabhi, Jain, Rani, Saxena, Nitin, Chauhan, 2011. Impact of climate change on crop productivity in Western Ghats, coastal and northeastern regions of India. Curr. Sci. 101, 33–42.
- Naresh Kumar S., P.M. Govindakrishnan, D.N. Swarooparani, Ch. Nitin, J. Surabhi, P.K. Aggarwal 2015. Assessment of impact of climate change on potato and potential adaptation gains in the Indo-Gangetic Plains of India. International Journal of Plant Production 9 (1), 151-170.
- Naresh Kumar, Soora, Pramod Kumar Aggarwal, Kumar Uttam, Jain Surabhi, D. N. Swaroopa Rani, Nitin Chauhan and Rani Saxena (2014). Vulnerability of Indian mustard (Brassica juncea (L.) Czernj. Cosson) to climate variability and future adaptation strategies. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies to Global Change. 10.1007/s11027-014-9606-Z
- Naresh Kumar S., Aggarwal, P.K., 2013. Climate change and coconut plantations in India: Impacts and potential adaptation gains. Agric. Syst. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.agsy.2013.01.001
- Naresh Kumar, S., Kasturi Bai, K.V., Rajagopal, V., Aggarwal, P.K., 2008. Simulating coconut growth, development and yield using InfoCrop-coconut model. Tree Physiol. 28, 1049–1058.
- Ebrayi, K.N., Pathak, H., Kalra, N., Bhatia, A., Jain, N., 2007. Simulation of nitrogen dynamics in soil using infocrop model. Environ. Monit. Assess. 131, 451-65.